Experiencing upper stomach pain and lot of heartburn during pregnancy. What could have caused it?

I am 26 wks pregnantand am 45yrs old. The pregnancy has been going fine until about 2 days ago. I have been experiencing upper stomach pain and ALOT of heartburn. I still am able to eat but very little and have been trying to drink a lot to stay hydrated. Just wondering what it could be.Thankyou
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hormone induced gastritis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The stomach pain and heart burn you have are effects of hormone HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) released in pregnancy. This is very common in pregnant women. Do take breakfast a little early to reduce the symptoms al through the day. You can also take milder antacids like Tums or Gelusil. Regards,