Experiencing sore throat, neck and tongue is swollen. Suggest the treatment?

just wanted to ask and see if you may have any ideas of what might be wrong with me. i have been experiencing a sore throat, my neck is swollen and the flap of skin under my tongue is swollen. it hurts to swallow and when i try to eat foods with sugar it hurts that flap under my tongue.
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be apthous pharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

After going through the history posted here it appears that there could be minor apthous ulcers or apthous pharyngitis developed under the tongue.

This can cause radiating pain to the surrounding throat and neck too.There could be gland enlargement too.

Therefore please furnish me few details so that I can help you with better diagnosis.

1.I would request you to please examine and look for any redness under the tongue?If so please mention.

2 Try to touch and see if there are swollen glands under your neck on the affected side or do you simply feel any pain under the chin and its surroundings?

3.Any history of recent cough cold or are you taking any medication?

4.Do you have pain or irritation in any of your teeth or gums?

Awaiting your response.