Experiencing sharp pain in arm. EKG normal. Concerned

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have twice now experience a searing extreme pain shoot through my right chest into my arm when going from bent over from standing recent EKG normal still concerned
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The sudden extreme shooting pain in the arm with normal EKG could be related to the nerve root compression at the level of cervical spine or due to a cervical rib.
It happens primarily due to degenerative changes secondary to age in the cervical spine. Past neck injury may also cause such symptoms.
X-ray of neck in lateral view or MRI will help in the diagnosis.
It is important to correct any posture imbalances that you may have, whether in a sitting posture or in a standing posture. It is also very important to make sure that the pillow you use under your head is the correct size and thickness for your body.
Avoid stretching of shoulders, lifting any heavy weights and add diets XXXXXXX in calcium, vitamins especially vitamin B 12 and vitamin D to daily routine.
You must consult your orthopedician /neurologist and get yourself evaluated.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.