Experiencing milky vaginal discharge, sweating the area and itching in anus. Diagnosed chlaymedia. Could this be thrush or STD?

Hi , I recently got both a vaginal swab and urine test. I have been experiencing Increased milky vaginal discharge , sweating in the area and now an itching of the anus. I was diagnosed with chlaymedia three months ago and took a full course of antibiotics properly. could this be thrush? or an std? I have been with a new partner recently
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thrush and Bacterial Vaginosis are likely

Detailed Answer:
hello.....milky white thick discharge is common in thrush. But in case of an STD other symptoms like ulcers and pustules are also present. In your case white discharge with itching can be due to vaginosis or thrush. If you have been with a new partner then obviously there is a chance of STD which may be seen later. If you had proteced sex then chances of an STD are much less.

I suggest you start on some oral probiotics available over the counter. They will help with the discharge and itching. Apply canesten cream locally. Maintain hygiene and avoid using soap/pefumes in the perineal area. If it doesn't help within a week then you may need oral antibiotics from your local doctor on prescription.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Experiencing milky vaginal discharge, sweating the area and itching in anus. Diagnosed chlaymedia. Could this be thrush or STD? 15 hours later
Thank you for your response. My vaginal swab test came back negative. Do these normally test for everything? my period is due In a few days so I was thinking maybe the extra discharge could be that. Is there anything I can do about the anal discomfort due to the extra moisture?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Normally they test for the commonest infections like thrush, chlamydia, etc. I am glad they came back normal. So, yes the discharge could be due to PMS; but the anal discomfort is mostly due to moistness. It will be relieved as the discharge reduces. Though the swab was negative, you can try candid pessary at night for a few days and the discharge should reduce some.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.