Ask a Urologist   »  

Experiencing itching/burning sensation during urination. Took Syr Cytralka. Urine test normal. Do I need to take tests and treatment?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
Hello Doctor,
I have been experiencing itching/burning senstion while urinating since one week. As suggested by Dr. XXXXXXX I took Syr Cytralka and I got my urine tested. Dr XXXXXXX examined the report and found it to be all clear. But I am still having the problem. He suggested me to consult an Urologist and refered your name. Do I need any more tests to be done to determine the root cause and start with treatment?
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have itching sensation while passing urine.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have fever very recently ?
2) Have you tested your blood sugar levels to rule out Diabetes ?
3) Do you have unprotected sex very recently ?
4) Do you have any discharge from the Urethra ?
5) Do you have pain in pelvic or perineal region?
6)Do you have increased frequency of urination and urgency ?

Your Urine routine and culture report does not reveal UTI.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get Ultrasound scanning done to rule out Prostatitis.

In the mean while start taking Urinary antiseptics like Nitrofurntoin along with urinary antispasmodics like Flavoxate twice daily.

Ensure to consume more water.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Experiencing itching/burning sensation during urination. Took Syr Cytralka. Urine test normal. Do I need to take tests and treatment? 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply doctor. Here are the answers for the questions you asked.

1) Do you have fever very recently ?
NO

I have not tested my blood for sugar levels. I will get it done if necessary.

YES. Two weeks back with my girl friend. So could it be some form of STD? Are there any tests I need to take to determine whether I have STD?

NO.

NO

NO. I do drink lots of water. That makes me pee regularly.

Please let me know if I need to visit you in person.
Also, please let me know the exact tablet names and dosage content (how much mg) for the drugs that you specified.
Nitrofurntoin
Flavoxate

I asked local drug stores. They say they don't have the above mentioned tablets and
Nitrofurntoin is tablet content name and not the tablet name.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
hello
Thanks for follow up.
Please get your blood sugar level on empty stomach and post lunch (2 hours after lunch) to rule out diabetes.

Get your basic screening tests for STD done in any renowned laboratory.

We can not prescribe medicines on this forum as we have not carried out your clinical examination in person.

I am practising in Bangalore in Vims Hospital located in Marathahalli and Brookfield Hospital in ACES lay out.near ITPL.

If you wish to consult me can fix up the appointment on reception counter.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Experiencing itching/burning sensation during urination. Took Syr Cytralka. Urine test normal. Do I need to take tests and treatment? 15 hours later
Hello doctor,
I have given the blood for sugar level check. Once the report comes I will take an appointment at VIMS and come to see you.

Thanks,
XXXXX

Hello
Thanks for writing again.
Please get your blood test for VDRL test done and do come to my clinic with both the reports.
I shall try to help you and address your problem.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Experiencing itching/burning sensation during urination. Took Syr Cytralka. Urine test normal. Do I need to take tests and treatment? 4 minutes later
Doctor, what is VDRL test? Could you please explain it a bit.

Hello
Thanks for fresh query.
VDRL is specific test to rule out/confirm STD.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Experiencing itching/burning sensation during urination. Took Syr Cytralka. Urine test normal. Do I need to take tests and treatment? 38 hours later
Hello doctor,
I have got the VDRL test report and blood sugar level report. I have attached the reports here. Please check it and let me know whether they are normal or not. I will be taking appointment in VIMS for tomorrow and come to see you.

Thanks,
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Hello
Thanks for posting your reports.
Your blood sugar levels are well within normal limits and VDRL test is also negative.

You need not worry at all .You may come Tomorrow .Please fix up appointment before coming.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.