Experiencing itching and skin discoloration around genital and anus. What is the problem?

I have noticed that the skin around my genitals and anus is losing it's colour. The areas of colour loss are irregular and have well defined edges. It is also a little itchy at times.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later

Description of symptoms of your skin lesions suggest that you are most likely suffering from fungal infection of skin.

I advise you to maintain hygiene and keep the local area dry as fungus thrives in moist and damp areas like around genitals, between buttocks and groin area.
Wear cotton underwear and dry the area after bath.
Apply local anti fungal creams like CLOTRIMAZOLE for two weeks.

In case your symptoms don't improve, then you may consult a dermatologist for proper inspection and diagnosis. Some times skin scrapings may be subjected for microscopy for the diagnosis.

I hope it helps. However you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck