Experiencing headaches, slight dizziness, and intermittent tremor. Want to get MRI for hernia, ulcer and brain

Oncologist, Surgical
If I have an MRI, can it scan al areas of my body? I am fairly certain (past experience) that I have a hernia and small ulcer. However, I have been experiencing excrutiating headaches for the past 3 months (especially when I wake up), slight dizziness, and intermittent tremors. My daughter has had 5 craniotomies and keeps telling me that these were her symptions! (Maybe she's trying to pay me back for early curfews!) In any event, could 1 MRI give results on the three areas (umbilical hernia, ulcer, and brain), or would I have to have an MRI for each of the areas? Thanks so much.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problems. Unfortunately an MRI is done for a specific part of the body. It can give you all the information about the brain and the cervical spine, which can be the cause of your dizziness and intermittent tremors.
An abdominal MRI will be able to tell you about the umblical hernia but will not be able to comment on the ulcer. For an ulcer, you require an upepr GI endoscopy. This will assess the size and extent of the ulcer, if present.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.