Experiencing flashy lights and oscillating of pupil. Lost visual activity. Should I be worried?

Nov 2013

One last question regarding my neurologic symptoms. I have seen two neuroopthamalogists. This is due to flashing lights I experience constantly. I have pupil abnormalities as well like an oscillating of the pupil and sometimes they are not centered in my Iris. I was told that I have visual snow or (migraine with persistent aura) Is it possible that 2 seperate opthamalogists missed some form of uveitis. I havn't lost visual acuity, but I figure with the numerous neurologic manifestations that occuring is this just another one of those things? Do you think I should try and see another opthamalogist
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are not like uveitis

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back.

In uveitis, there would be eye pain, redness, watering and decreased acuity. So, your symptoms are not like uveitis.

Migraine with aura is a possibility.

Piupillary abnormalities as you have described are called as hippus and can be normal.

So, there is no need to see an ophthalmologist at present.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)