Experiencing diarrhea after swallowing sperm. What could be causing this?

General Surgeon
I have been experiencing bouts of diarrhea after swallowing my boyfriends ejaculate, what could be causing this?
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 17 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Most likely this is caused due to irritation of the digestive tract as sperm is something unusual for intestines. It is also possible that you are allergic to some protein present in the sperm. So if it was sort of episodes of diarrheas that is gone already, there is nothing more you should do. If the diarrhea will be present for more than 3 days, you should visit your doctor for antibacterial treatment as it could cause some infection as well (how ever this is quite rare).

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.