Experiencing dark coloured bloody semen. Psa normal. Taking ciprofloxacin entizol and deoxymykoin. Suggest?

Jul 2016

I have experienced for two feeks dark colored bloody semen no other problems. PSa was all right, slyghltly FW was 12/22 and just little proteinuria. I take now ciprofloxacin entizol and deoxymykoin for onee week with no effect. I stopped taking escitalopram. What I should do next?
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Hematospermia since very recently.
This is due to infection of any organ involved in passage of the semen from Testicles to urethra the commonest being infection of the Seminal Vesicles or Prostate.

Please get following basic investigations done to find out the source of bleeding.
1) Routine urine test and Urine culture.
2) Microscopic examination of Semen.
3) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen and Trans Rectal Ultrasound Scanning of the Bladder, prostate and seminal vesicles.
4) Microscopic examination of the drop of urethral discharge after prostatic massage.You will need help of a Urologist for getting the sample by doing per rectal massage of the prostate.

Please consult qualified urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination to confirm the diagnosis and get above mentioned test as per his advice and guidance.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics preferably combination of Trimethoprim and Sulphamethoxazole for 3 weeks and avoid sexual activities till you get cured completely.

Get the prescription from your family Physician or Urologist if he thinks it to be appropriate.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Experiencing dark coloured bloody semen. Psa normal. Taking ciprofloxacin entizol and deoxymykoin. Suggest? 4 minutes later
Ok, thank you sir, I will follow your recomandation. Should I now quit ciprofloxacin treatment and start using trimetoprim / sulfometoxazol combo?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Thanks for follow up. You can stop Ciprofloxacin and start using the drug which iI have suggested earlier.
Thanks and Regards.