Experiencing both hot spells and chills. What is the disease called?

My friend from England came home from the beach yesterday with terrible chills. She has since had chills off and on all night. She has vomited once this morning . She has been taking water regularly. Now she's going through hot spells. So she is experiencing both hot spells and the chills. What should we do?
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 9 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
She is suffering from fever with chills which can be due to many causes like typhoid, malaria etc.
You need to consult your physician in ER . She may need few blood investigation for diagnosis. Also she may need indoor admission for fluids and medicine.
Meanwhile start keeping water soaked bandages on forehead to reduce temperature and take tab paracetamol 500 mg. It is not a XXXXXXX condition to get worried but it needs good medical management.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: Experiencing both hot spells and chills. What is the disease called? 5 minutes later
What is paracetamol?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
It's a antipyretic tablet . It is generic name or content of tablet. Trade name varies according to companies or counties. It is available on the counter medication.