Experiencing blackouts, fainting spells, memory loss, muscles and joint pain. What does these symptoms indicate?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I was wondering if you could help me please, for nearly two years I have been experiencing blackouts, fainting spells, memory loss, muscles and joint pain mainly in my wrists and shoulders, extreme tiredness even after doing the littlest of things, disturbed sleep, even when I sleep I do not feel refreshed, sensitive to light, excess sweating and sensitive to temputures.
I've had my heart investigated and everything was clear, I have an mri, xray, nerve test on my wrists and they can't find anything that is causing me that much pain, I've had an tilt test and also a mri on my head but everything was clear.
I'm now off work with depression as I'm so fed up with not having a reason why I've having these symptoms.
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms are related to depression.

Detailed Answer:
From your description, it is clear that you have following symptoms:
• Depression.
• fatigue.
Joint pains.
• frequent memory loss.
• Blackouts, sensitivity to temperature and light.

All these are symptoms of depression and need attention. These can be exacerbated by hormonal problems like thyroid disturbance. Depression is not always situational (because of stress). Many times it is biological due to biochemical changes in brain. Your depression appears to biological to me due to its severity.

Before prescription, physical examination and laboratory examination is needed to rule out physical causes of depression. Mental status examination is also necessary to assess severity of depression. Apart from that anti depressants are prescription drugs, so in person consultation with psychiatrist is necessary for treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.