Experiencing abdominal pain after doing exercise. Should I get tested for this?

Someone has pain only on one side of of his abd after doing mult sit-ups. He states it only hurts when he is doing sit ups not during rest. No other symptoms. I thought rest, fluids and stretching may help since the pain started yesterday. What are signs and symptoms to seek care from MD?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 4 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
He has muscle spain of the abdominal muscles during the exercise.
Give him total rest for a few days.Apply some pain killer gel at the local area thrice daily.Stop exercise totally.Give him a pain killer+muscle relaxant tablets for few days.
If pain persists and there is local tenderness and swelling consult your doctor.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.