Excessive vaginal discharge,thick clear and slimy discharge,gall bladder removed

I just had my gall bladder removed and now i have excessice vaginal discharge, its thick clearish and slimy
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Having a thick and clear discharge from vagina without any associated itch or any foul smell might be due to the hormonal changes during the cycle. It will subside on its own in a few days.

Vaginal discharge has got no relation with the gall bladder surgery.

If the discharge is foul smelling or associated with itch then it indicates a fungal infection of vagina which needs treatment with oral and topical anti fungals.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.