Erectile dysfunction. Smoking addiction. Can it be cured in 3 months?

i feel i have a problem regarding impotency. while intercourse i cant maintain the erection for longer time. i know the major effect of this due to smoking which i left now. i want some more supplement which should be natural treatment. can you please suggest so that i can maintain my family life properly. Is it possible to cure it within 3 months ? Its very urgent.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 9 minutes later

An erection problem is the inability to get or maintain an erection that is firm enough for a man to have intercourse. If the condition persists, the medical term is erectile dysfunction. Smoking is an important cause which can cause erectile dysfunction. It is good to hear that you have quit the habit of smoking.

It is important to find out the cause which may be responsible for erectile dysfunction in your case. In most men of your age, the cause is often psychological. Other medical causes may be diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone, depression, spinal cord and neurological causes. Complete examination done from a urologist and few test such as blood pressure check, blood sugar levels, thyroid hormones, testosterone levels and a neurological examination of the testicles and penis are entailed to pinpoint the exact cause

Medically sildenafil is effective in treating erectile dysfunction. It is available only on a doctor's prescription and may be tried under their guidance.

I am not aware of any herbal products / supplement that is effective in treating erectile dysfunction. There are no clinical studies on the effectiveness of herbal products / natural supplements in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Hence I encourage you to consult a doctor who can streamline the testing and prescribe you medication. You may be able to have a healthy life.

Till the time you get these tests done, try to talk to your partner openly about any fears or apprehensions; eat nutritious healthy food and exercise regularly.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.