Enlarged veins on the penis causing pain during ejaculation, yellowish discharge. Had circumcision. Causes?

Urologist
Question
The veins around my penis causes pain during ejaculation. also causes soreness afterwards. I'm uncircumcised and noticed the veins on my foreskin (circled around the tip) is bigger then they usually are. This also causes a yellow watery discharge randomly from time to time.. I got tested for chlamydia/hiv the results came back negative. any idea whats going on?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later
Dear,

A large number of men experience pain post ejaculation. The pain is due to the excessive congestion of the vascular system around the penis.

As you have mentioned that you seem to be having much larger veins on the foreskin, there is always a possibility that you may have more of congestion and hence more of pain. I usually start my patients on alpha blockers for few weeks and they experience marked relief in the pain. These are prescription medications. Please discuss about these with your treating doctor.

The yellowish discharge you are talking about is smegma that collects underneath the foreskin. Almost all males secrete smegma; it is a waste product of body. Smegma needs to be cleaned everyday to prevent infection and also prolonged exposure to smegma has been shown to be carcinogenic. Hence, local hygiene is very important.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.