Enlarged tonsils, hurts to swallow and body aches. Taking Augmentin. Uvula is bigger. Could penicillin be effective in treatment?

ENT Specialist
I went to the Dr last night with all the symptons of tonsillitis. Enlarged tonsils, hurts to swallow, body aches, just no pus. He prescribed me Augmentin.

I've woken up this morning and there is still no pus however my uvula is approx 3-4 times it's normal size. Will the penicillin be effective in treating this or do I need to go back and see the Dr?
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Penicillin will be effective

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query

I have gone through your query that penicillin is the effective drug in the management of tonsilitis .

But according to you, your uvula is four times enlarged , in this condition you may need steroid for faster and better management.

Treatment under the guidance of ENT Specialist is better.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.

Wish you good health