Enlarged prostate. On tamlocept. Side effects like rashes, erectile dysfunction has appeared. Reason?

Hi,Dr. I was given by a MD doctor TAMLOCEPT F for treating my very little enlarged prostate but because of that I got some side effect like -rashes on both legs[which now ok], a little heavyness on chest , errectile problem & no dicharge, I have now stopped taking that tab. how this will come back in normal position , please advise
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 21 minutes later

Thanks for the quer.

You seem to be a diabetic with a mildly enlarged prostate for which you were given Tamlocept which led to rashes, heaviness chest, erectile problem and no discharge.

Yes, all these can be caused by Tamlocept. Now as you have stopped taking the medicine, it should all come back to normal.

However as you are a diabetic and 66 years old, both of which can also cause similar symptoms, I would suggest you wait for a fortnight and if the problem is unresolved, consult your doctor for a detailed examination and evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. Should you have any additional concerns, I am available to help you further. Please accept this answer if you do not have any further queries.