Energy drained out,hands always cold,constipated,blood in stool,rash on face,loss of appetite

Question
I have no energy, some days so bad do something then have to go bed.always cold particuarly hands, constipated blood in stools,rash on face. lack of appetite.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 35 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

The information you have provided is very limited to arrive at a probable diagnosis. So kindly provided me with the following details.

1. Your age ?
2. What do you mean by
a. No energy?
b. Do something then have to go bed?
3. Do you have any other medical illness like diabetes, high blood pressure, breathing difficulties ?

Please get back to me with the following details. So that i can help you better.

Follow-up: Energy drained out,hands always cold,constipated,blood in stool,rash on face,loss of appetite 21 hours later
I am 30 years old and up to now always had energy and was on the go and never ill.
I take thyroxine but have been told that this is all ok.

It feels like someone has pulled the plug out, some days an effort to even talk.
It is an effort to walk upstairs without legs aching. On bad days if I do a job such as dry hair that will result in me having to then rest/go back to bed.

Yes it started with breathing problems and still get short of breath, I can feel myself walk slowly along corridor at work as i know if go faster I will be out of breath and feel my heart beat faster.

Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 13 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for replying back with the details.

With the information you have given I can think of two possibilities

1. Anemia due to Chronic blood loss.
2. Sub-optimal thyroxine dose

Anemia due to Chronic blood loss
As you give the history of blood in stools, it is quite possible that you are losing more blood than your body can replace. As i cannot examine you i suggest you to consult your doctor. You have to get the following tests done
1. Blood - To know the amount of blood(hemoglobin)
2. Urine - To rule out infection
3. Stool - To rule out any parasites and to find out about the blood in stools. Based on those reports your treatment can be started.

Sub-optimal thyroxine dose
It could also be due to the thyroxine dose you take are not sufficient. You may have to repeat your thyroid test following which dose adjustments can be made.

Hope I have answered your query and Wish You Good Health.

If you are satisfied with my answer kindly click on the accept button.

Follow-up: Energy drained out,hands always cold,constipated,blood in stool,rash on face,loss of appetite 11 hours later
I have just had blood work done and sure was ok, I am waiting for results on vitamin b12 and magnesium I think could it still be this if all blood ok.

I have been told that my dose 100 is enough and ok.

Could it poss be Lupus ? and some people mentioned ME.

Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back to me.

Yes, Vitamin B12 and Magnesium deficiency could cause the symptoms.

With the available details it is not possible to comment about lupus.

Lupus is an autoimmune disease. This means there is a problem with the body's normal immune system response.

Symptoms:
1. Chest pain when taking a XXXXXXX breath
2. Fatigue
3. Fever with no other cause
4. General discomfort, uneasiness, or ill feeling (malaise)
5. Hair loss
6. Mouth sores
7. Sensitivity to sunlight
8. Skin rash - a "butterfly" rash over the cheeks and bridge of the nose.
9. Swollen lymph nodes

Tests required to comment on Lupus:
1. Antibody tests, including:
2. Antinuclear antibody (ANA) panel
3. Anti-double strand (ds) DNA
4. Antiphospholipid antibodies
5. Anti-Smith antibodies
6. CBC to show low white blood cells, hemoglobin, or platelets
7. Urinalysis to show blood, casts, or protein in the urine

So, you can see. To diagnose Lupus extensive laboratory test must be done.

Once all your lab reports turns out to be normal and after your doctor has ruled out all the other possibilities we shall think about lupus.

Hope i have answered your query and Wish You Good Health.