Endoscopy found hiatal hernia and acid reflux. Abdominal pain, fullness, palpitations, loose stools. Side effects after taking Nexium

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi XXXXXXX here, I'm a 30 year old male very gym active and health consious,been a gymnast all my life so never had to worry about what I eat. Ok I've been Having horrible stomach issues within the last 4 years. I had an endoscopy done within the past 2 years. They found a small hiatal hernia and some acid reflux, but nothing serious enough for him to think it was bad. So when the news was good I went about my days. I drink socially, but lately I haven't been able to drink at all. I went to a different gastro doctor and told her about my previous gastro visit and all my horrible symptoms I am having; which include below the sternum pain, fullness pressure, (feeling like Im unable to burp or get gas out), a raw feeling in the sternum area, heart palpitations after I eat which are getting worse and more uncomfortable causing to feel flushed and hot, acid come up my esophogas, loss of appetitte, loss of weight, tired and general unwell feeling, loose stools. So the new gastro doc doesn't seem to be too concerned because of the previous endoscopy and she percribes nexium. So I take it for a while and it makes me feel jitter and awful, so she trys protonix with me and that makes me feel the same way awful. So now my heart seems to be palpitating more and I hate it. So I went to a cardiologist and she did an EKG which was normal I had an echo cardio done 5 years previous without finding anything. So now Im at a loss.. Im Scared cuz these symptoms are keeping me from doing my regular activities. I feel so unwell I can't get anything done.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Your information is very precise so I. Will come right to the management

There seems to be a mistake with the reports my diagnosis with this report is "A Handsome Guy"

Your treatment should be hiatus hernia specific and GERD specific

Continue Protonix twice a day

Add a prokinetic twice a day

Avoid lifting weight and using gym

Wear loose clothes

Do not stoop

Raise the foot end of the bed

Take small frequent meals

Last meal four hours before going to bed

Hope this helps

Am available for followup queries

If there are no further doubts accept this response and rate it

Get well soon