Embryo transfer done. Noticed dark particle when urinating and started spotting. Failed implantation?

Infertility Specialist
I have undergone 4 IVF failed cycles, and am currently within the 5th cycle and today is my 11th day since the last embryo transfer (4 were returned) - I have had a slight dark sort of spotting now with some brownish paricles when urniated - Suspecting its another failed cycle !! What could be the reasons for my failed implantations ? What should I do to increase the chances and to stop the spotting of my current cycle ?
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) The spotting you have could also be due to implantation of embryos successfully. It is called implantation bleeding. So let us wait till date of beta hCG to make concusion about failed cycle.

2) Even if the cycle fails unfortunately, there is little room for improving implantation as there are not many technologies available as yet.

3) You can consider Reducing your body weight, get tuberculosis PCR examination of endometrium of uterus.

4) There is an injection called Grafeel used before embryo transfer by few IVF centres. You can even try that if you are satisfied with IVF centre.

5) Start looking for a better IVF centre next time if 5 cycles have failed.

6) You can also consider the option of surrogacy since already 5 cycles are failed.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Embryo transfer done. Noticed dark particle when urinating and started spotting. Failed implantation? 1 hour later
Many thanks Doctor for your prompt and comprehensive response.

I contacted my dr last night when the spotting occured who asked me to do the Beta HCG blood test, and the result was 0.1 .. which I believe is quite low, he then asked me to increase my progestrone intake, which I did and the spotting/slight bleeding has stopped compeletly, which I hope is a good sign.

Could it be a good sign even if the Beta HCG level was 0.1 on my 11 day after the transfer ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX, Beta hCG 0.1 shows negative pregnancy. Since it is only 11 th day, it would be very early to predict if its failure. Wait another 4 to 5 days and repeat the test. I guess you should get clear result by then. Hope and pray for good news. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist