Embryo transfer done. No symptoms other then leg cramping. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
Hello Doctor,
Had my embroyo transfer on 29th sept. till now I have no symptoms except leg cramping. This is my first ivf. 4embroyos transferred with 8 cells. Is there any chances of pregnancy.
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 37 minutes later

Since it has been just a week post IVF and embryo transfer, I would consider it very premature to decide the success of the procedure at this time.

If IVF-ET is done in a better facility the chances are high.The usual possibilities range from 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 procedures.There are no 100 % results in this procedure.Sometimes repeated procedures may be needed to gain the success in here.

Leg cramps you have cannot be considered of any importance.You may have to wait for another 15 days for the pregnancy to be identified or confirmed by tests.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Embryo transfer done. No symptoms other then leg cramping. Chances of pregnancy? 31 hours later
Hello doctor,

Thanks for the query. One more follow up question is I am taking progesterone injections daily. Slight. Swelling in my left feet. Is that any side effect of injection or any other symptom.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

No, progesterone infections do not cause such swelling in the feet.Do get examined to find out the exact cause for the same.

Wish you good health.