Electric shocks and pain in head, delivered six months ago, got epidural

Orthopaedic Surgeon
electric shooting painhello im currently having electric schocks in my head..i gave birth six months ago and i got the epidural
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The electric shooting pain in your head is not likely to be related to the epidural anaesthesia you had during the delivery.
This can happen due to-
1. Anxiety/ tension- try to relax yourself, decrease alcohol or caffeine intake, take a mild sedative for a good and restful sleep, do mild aerobics, etc.
2. Eyestrain-Straining your eyes to focus on things can be a big factor of what causes headaches. You need to get your eyes examined for refraction.
4. High blood pressure.
All the above causes need to be excluded. If the headache is not getting relieved with mild pain killers then you can try some herbal preparations for the same.
Also, i would advise you to get an MRI head and neck done to rule out any organic causes if none of the above causes seem likely.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.