Electric shock from index finger to arm, happens when trying to sleep, pregnant

Hi i am 22 weeks pregnant and feeling electric shocks running from the tip of my left index finger up my arm through my body. Yhis only happens when I am trying to sleep.
How much does it cost to answer this question?
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome to heathcare Magic!
It seems you have a deficiency of Calcium ion in body due to pregnancy and low intake of calcium in the diet.
Hypocalcemia makes your nerves hyper-excitable and causes tingling and cramps.
You should take daily calcium supplement of 1200mg-1500mg to make up, observe for a week if no relief then consult your Gynecologist for evaluation and investigations.
I hope the advise would be of benefit for you.
Wish you a great health!