Ears ringing, have rhinitis, wet neck, sweating, always have cold. What am I to do?

I need help. I often hear something in my ears like ringing. I often - the most time - have a rhinitis. My neck is always wet because I sweat where it may be present in particularly at the back part of my head. So I have always a cold.
What am I to do?
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 3 hours later

Tinnitus is the medical term for hearing noises like ringing in your ears. Occasionally, it is a sign of an allergy, which can be an explanation for having often rhinitis. Do you know to have any kind of allergy?

Do you have high blood pressure? This can be another cause of tinnitus.

Alcohol, caffeine, antibiotics, aspirin, or other drugs can also cause ear noises and if it is the case, then you should reduce them.

You should go to a doctor in the following situations:

- the ringing noises start after a head injury;
- they are associated with other symptoms like dizziness, feeling off balance, nausea or vomiting.

If it is not the case, then you should just: avoid excessively loud noise, using hearing protection; reduce stress; eat a healthy diet (low fat diet, low cholesterol diet, low sodium diet); try to mask tinnitus, running a fan or play music in the bedroom.

Since when you have your neck always wet and did you lost any weight lately?

I am looking forward to your answers,

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD