Ears and neck get hot and red. What is the cause?

ENT Specialist
Some times either my left or right ear gets red,and hot and the length of my neck on the same side, what is causing this
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 2 days later
Brief Answer: Consult a doctor as and when feasible... Detailed Answer: Hello, Your ears get red hot on and off; but you have not written since how long. You must consult an ENT specialist. There can be two reasons what it seems by the history--- 1. A response by the body to any change in weather, or to food ,spices, i.e. what is called a sympathetic response. 2. There are some autoimmune disorders in which in the initial period there is perichondritis i.e. the pinna of the ear gets red swollen and then settles down to reoccur again. You might need a set of tests which will be ordered after detailed history and clinical examination done at your doctor's office. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Ears and neck get hot and red. What is the cause? 14 minutes later
What kinda autoimmune diseases would cause that
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relapsing perichondritis Detailed Answer: Hello , There is inflammatory autoimmune disorder like Relapsing Perichondritis which is a cause of perichondritis. You can consult a physician ie general medicine doctor. In doubt do reply