Ear pain with inflamed tonsil. Getting pain while swallowing. Took flexon. Any effective medicine?

ENT Specialist
Question
hi,i m having pain in my ear n inflamed tonsil on the same side ....it is causing pain wen m swallowing smthing even my saliva...i took flexon and amla juice yesterday n got a bit of relief but the pb still persist.
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 26 minutes later
Hello

I read your query for earache and inflamed tonsil on the same side, this pain you feel whenever you swallow anything.

Considering your complaints, it is clear that you are having referred pain in ear due to acute tonsilar infection, in such cases only primary disease to be treated.

You have taken tab flexon, which is an anti-inflammatory and analgesic, but you should add some wide spectrum antibiotic also and do antiseptic gargling as well to get proper response.

I hope this will help you but anyway if above treatment fails than thorough examination will be necessary by an E.N.T.specialist for better management.

Hope your query is explain.

With Regards.

Follow-up: Ear pain with inflamed tonsil. Getting pain while swallowing. Took flexon. Any effective medicine? 1 hour later
can i take azithral...antibiotic

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 3 hours later

You have asked about antibiotic Azithral. In your case my answer is YES. This is a prescription drug, please get it prescribed by your Primary care Physician.

With regards