Ask a Urologist   »  

During sex penis was bent and is swollen, took advil. How to cure it?

Question
swollen penis. I was having sex with my fiance and she moved and my penis bent and is now severely swollen.
currently I have ice placed and I took some advil
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Penis Problems
Follow-up: During sex penis was bent and is swollen, took advil. How to cure it? 5 minutes later

Answered by Dr. Guru 33 minutes later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

I am really sorry for your condition. Traumatic intercourse can result in result in few possibilities like rupture of veins or artery (usually dorsal vein or artery), ruture of suspensory ligament of penis, injury to the initial part of shaft, urethral injury and sometimes fracture shaft of penis.

I feel that the symptoms described by you needs an emergency evaluation and treatment. Please visit a ER at the earliest.

Please let me know if you have any further queries!

Hope it helps!

Follow-up: During sex penis was bent and is swollen, took advil. How to cure it? 7 minutes later
what will happen if I do not go. Is there treatment at home that I can do?

Answered by Dr. Guru 25 minutes later

Thanks for the update. There is possibility that complications like pain during erection, arterial-venous fistulas, hematomas, angulation of penis, abscess formation can be resulted if the condition is not properly diagnosed and treated accordingly. But before predicting what will happen, a physical examination is needed.

I am sorry to say that there is no proper home treatment available for this kind of clinical presentation. I suggest you to visit a hospital which has Urologist available.

Take care!