Dull headache, nausea, numbness, traumatic head injuries, subcutaneous tissue injury

hello, i hit my head on the front right hand side about a week ago and am still suffering with dull headaches and nausea, The tenderness has gone, just feels a bit numb now, am i ok??
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 21 minutes later

Post traumatic head injuries, which have resulted only in subcutaneous tissue injury and with no neurological defecit, are usually associated with some persistant minor symptoms like mild headache, tiredness and nausea.

These symptoms are associated with the minor inflammatory changes and nothing to be worried about.

In case you have developed the following symptoms including -

1. Severe intolerable headache
2. Visual impairment
3. Seizures
4. loss of unconsciousness ,
5. Memory loss
6. Dizziness
7. Behavioral changes
8. Weakness or paralysis
9. Intractable Vomiting.

Presence of the above signs would indicate the presence of significant neurological damage and might need immediate medical attention and imaging studies like a CT of the head.

In case you do not have the above mentioned symptoms, you can relax and rest for a few days, and you will soon be back to normal.

In the mean time OTC pain killers like advil or motrin will be helpful to reduce the inflammation and pain.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.