Dull abdominal pain that worsens on lying, repeated episodes of constipation and diarrhea, tiredness. Family history of colon cancer. Guidance?

I have very low right side abdominal/ pelvic pain, dull, throbbing in nature. Constant for last week, worse when sitting or lying down. I am 58 years old. Father had colon cancer at 59, also aunts and uncles on his side. I also have stones in my appendix diagnosed in a c scan 2 years ago. I have been getting gas everytime I eat, and have had mostly constipation with an episode of diarrhea here and there , recently worse. I have always suffered from constipation. This is different. I also feel very tired. I had a colonoscopy 5 years ago. I do not feel right! This pain is very deep feeling. Help!
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 7 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Since you are more than 50 years of age with family history of colon cancer and now having altered bowel habits and the last colonoscopy done 5 years ago, I would advise you to undergo colonoscopy again .
Also get your hemoglobin level checked as you always feel very tired.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini