Due for partial hysterectomy because of large fibroids. Have sore throats, stomach pain. Related?

I am 37, and I am due to have a partial hysterectomy in 2 weeks due to large fibroids. However for four days, I have suffered with pain in my left abdominal side, sometimes severe. I have a sore throat and just tonight started running a temp. I'm thinking the fibroids are not related to this?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 18 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Your fever seems to due to sore throat and these both things have no relation with your fibroids.
Take steam and hot liquids and you should be alright in 3 to 4 days however if your fever doesn't come down or you develop yellow sputum or increasing cough,then you have to consult your doctor for the prescription of antibiotics.
You can take paracetamol 500 mg for the fever 3 to 4 times in a day.
In case you have any other query,please don't hesitate in reverting back to me.
Thanks and best of luck.