Dropped object on foot, still painful to touch or to wear shoes, shooting pain occasionally. Normal?

I dropped something on my foot three weeks ago. i had bruising on the top and bottom of my foot. All of the bruising and most of the swelling has gone away. But it is still painful to touch or to wear shoes. Also feel a kinda shooting pain from time to time. Is it normal to have pain this long after the injury?
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 5 hours later

I think you should visit your doctor.

Normally in couple of weeks such kind of pain and discomfort should go in case of minor injury.

As you are still having pain and tenderness you need examination.

There are couple of possibilities that one needs to look for is

1. Bony injury
2. Collection of blood-hematoma, which is still not absorbed.

You might need investigation like X XXXXXXX after the examination by doctor.

Your doctor after examination may offer some drugs to get rid of this discomfort and pain that you have.

Please visit a doctor.

I hope this answers your query.