Drink too much. Legs and feet swells and feels heavy, have gained weight. Suggest?

ya i know that i drink to much i drink vodka every night at least a halhf painte at night well i have been noticesing my legs my feet are heveay why they used to get swallon not no more and lots of weight gain i hate it im going to stop but can u tell me why
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

There seems like a few errors in the words that you have typed. I interpret it accordingly, let me know if I am wrong anywhere.

You seem to be noticing your legs and feet to be heavy and swollen. You also have lots of weight gain.

The reason for all your current symptoms is mostly a vicious circle. Firstly, you are gaining lots of weight - this may due to lack of physical activity, eating high carbohydrate and fatty food. This weight gain puts pressure on your legs since the legs in standing posture carry your body weight. Gradually, there is lack of return of the venous and lymphatic flow from the legs back to heart. The fluid accumulates in your legs causing the swelling. This cycle continues over time increasing your concerns.

Sometimes, a high blood pressure can also lead to increased fluid retention in the legs and subsequently the swelling.

I hope this answers your query. Please give a thought to the lifestyle changes.

I would be glad to answer any follow up queries that you may have.

Take care!