Done with cat scan of liver and gall bladder. Shoulder is sore. Need medical opinion?

a couple of days ago I had a cat scan of my liver and gull batter. I was asked to put both arms back and extended my shoulder has always been sore, but holding it like this caused it to get extra sore. Now two nights later it is too sore to sleep. two plus months ago they found that the pain in my chest was caused by my gull bladder being full of gull stones. Now I have a gull stone blocking my vile duct either by pressing against it or in it from my liver causing me jaundis, lite colored stool, dark urine, and extreme itch. I have had two sonna grams and a cat scan, but instead of operating, they want to put a camera down my system and have a better look before taking any action. why not just operate and take the gull bladder out and fix the problem at the same time. I feel that I am getting jacked around and they are wasting time and money. What is your take on this
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer...your doctor is doing right.
Detailed answer...
Putting an camera in your system to visualise your bile duct is called as ERCP ( endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticography ).
ERCP is not only diagnostic but also curative as your surgeon can take out the stone lodged in the common bile duct ( CBD ).
Once the stone is taken out from your CBD,your jaundice gets improved and then your gall bladder can be removed laparoscopically.
It is very essential to remove your CBD stone,before taking out your gall bladder,because removal of gall bladder without taking out your CBD stone would worsen your jaundice and CBD stone can not be taken out during gall bladder surgery.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck