Done with abortion. What is still birth or premature baby mean?

I aborted this baby, any chance it could be alive when born, or what is a stillbirth, or premature baby. Could this by any chance happened to the baby when I aborted. For some reason I think it did.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

The script is a report of Ultrasound scan indicating pregnancy of 7 weeks and 4 days gestation age.

A single live intrauterine means a live pregnancy inside the uterus.

EDD means Expected date of delivery based on the scan findings is April 17th 2010.

Also it is recommended in the report that the lady should get rescan done at 12th week of gestational age.

Hope, I explained it clearly.

Please get back to me if any doubts.

Follow-up: Done with abortion. What is still birth or premature baby mean? 23 minutes later
Id like you to look at some medical information, so that you can give a complete explanation about it. Can I send it as an attachment?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 41 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

I apologize for the delay in answering.

Abortion, stillbirth and premature baby are entirely different entities.

Abortion : Induced termination of a pregnancy with destruction of the embryo or fetus before the period of viability (28 weeks)

Still birth : is a baby born dead after 24 completed weeks of pregnancy.

Premature baby : is the birth of a baby of less than 37 weeks gestational age.

The above report alone is not sufficient to determine whether what you had is an still birth or an miscarriage.

The fact that whether the fetus was viable during or before the procedure can be ascertained by the doctor who performed the abortion.

Hope, I cleared your doubt.

Follow-up: Done with abortion. What is still birth or premature baby mean? 2 hours later
well then how am I suppose to know what happened to me, honestly
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Do XXXXXXX the doctor you were consulting in those days. He/She may open up the medical records and can comment on the issue.

I am sorry to say, this is the only way by which you can clear your doubts.