Done with TB test and is positive. Chest xray shows calcified granuloma. Do i have cancer?

May 2014

I had a chest xray done because i had texted positive fof t tb . The xray came back with me having calcified granuloma. I also have bacteria vagnosis . Can you give me some input. Am i going to die soon? Do i have cancer. I have been dealing with this bacteria vaginosis for a very long time also taking medine as we speak and it won't go away. Please in the name of Jesus help me.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry, detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read your query and would like you to take things easy.

There are many tests for TB being done these days, having said that I would like to know which test you have tested positive for? In some of the tests, the positive results might be due to an old infection or a false positive test. I would recommend you to get tested by a more confirmatory test. The important symptoms of TB are loss of weight, weakness, fever which is continuous and low grade, lymph node swellings and in many patients, cough for over two months. Even if TB is confirmed, there are medicines to be taken which will treat the condition completely. There is no need to fear death or and cancer like situation from the information given by you.

The X XXXXXXX findings of granuloma usually refer to calcified remnants of old TB infection. If its only granuloma (single and small), there is not much to worry for the X XXXXXXX A CT scan chest can be done to confirm the granuloma and to get better information.

Bacterial vaginosis, if confirmed is a different condition from TB. Bacterial vaginosis symptoms may go away on their own. This happens when the vaginal lactobacilli organisms increase to their normal levels, and other bacteria levels drop.
Antibiotic medicine (oral or vaginal).

Antibiotics can kill the problem bacteria causing bacterial vaginosis symptoms but sometimes don't reverse the cause. So symptoms recur in about 1 out of 3 of women after antibiotic treatment. Please consult your gynecologist and discuss your treatment options available in detail.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back in case of doubts.