Done with FNAC test. What does my report says?

Psychiatrist
Question
microscopic examination:
hemorrhagic and sparsely cellular aspirate- smears shows mature and reactive lymphocytes and hisiocytes. background shows RBC's
impression:
* reactive lymphadenitis
CYTOLOGY REPORT
HPE NO.: 4141/ 13
SPECIMEN:USG Guided FNAC-Cervical Node
MICROSCOPIC EXAMINATION:
hemorrhagic and sparsely cellular aspirate- smears shows mature and reactive lymphocytes and histiocytes. background shows RBC's.
IMPRESSION:
*reactive lymphadenitis
doctor now i cant do it please....
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its a FNAC report

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

The report that you have stated is an FNAC report. A needle was inserted and an aspirate was removed from a lymphnode swelling.
The report states that the sample was hemorhagic as it has some blood. But thats fine as many samples have blood smear. Regarding the cellularity there are plenty of mature lymphocytes and histiocytes suggesting that it is a reactive lymphadenitis. This means that in response to some infection the lymphnode examined has become inflamed and swollen and probably tender.

There is nothing much to worry about.
Primary infection needs to be taken care of. You will need a course of antibiotic such as cefexime and paracetamol for pain. It will mostly resolve in a week.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Done with FNAC test. What does my report says? 8 minutes later
when will i get the answer?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its an FNAC report

Detailed Answer:

There is nothing much to worry about.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Done with FNAC test. What does my report says? 3 minutes later
but no pain in that nodes........

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Its not necessary

Detailed Answer:

Hello
If you again look at my statement.
"This means that in response to some infection the lymphnode examined has become inflamed and swollen and probably tender."
I mentioned probably, as the tenderness or the pain is not a certainty although it is commonly present.
Lymphadenitis can occur without pain as well. As you FNAC has not cought any thing else serious like malignancy or granulomas, so there is nothing to worry at this stage.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Done with FNAC test. What does my report says? 4 minutes later
thank u doctor.... but in my nodes there is no pain..... and i will use that antibiotic....

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you need to use antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Its not necessary for the pain to be there.
Do discuss these issues with your treating docotor and start ona good antibiotic.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy