Done ultrasound, beta HCG blood test, urine pregnancy test. Interpretation?

Question
doctor my usg reports are as follows : uterus : measures normal in size. 90 * 40 *37 mm and heterogenous echo pattern with myometrial. no evidence of any large mass lesion.
endometrial echo identified central normal measures 9mm in thickness. both ovaries mildily enlarged in size with multiple small follicles measures app.2-6.i did not get my periods.pls advice what's the report means.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Hello
Your periods were due on 9th september and you did beta hcg test on 10th september. Actually a single reading of beta hcg is not suggestive of pregnancy. It is the rising titres- doubling of serum beta hcg concentration over 48 hours is diagnostic.
You need to repeat the serum beta hcg test now or repeat urine pregnancy test after 3-4 days with an early morning sample of urine.A single low levels of beta hcg do not suggest pregnancy.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Regards.

Follow-up: Done ultrasound, beta HCG blood test, urine pregnancy test. Interpretation? 4 hours later
doctor my usg reports are as follows : uterus : measures normal in size. 90 * 40 *37 mm and heterogenous echo pattern with myometrial with small cysts. no evidence of any large mass lesion.
Replied by Me.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.

Your ultrasound report is normal.Small cysts in the uterine musculature are benign collections and are a normal variation.

Ovaries mildly enlarged in size with multiple functional follicles is again a normal finding.

These follicles will dissolve once your periods start. Since your periods are overdue only by four days, you need to rule out pregnancy first and then consult your gynecologist to rule out any hormonal disturbances.

Wishing you an early recovery.
Regards.