Done semen analysis. Is there a possibility of producing sperm? Any treatment?

Infertility Specialist
This is my semen analysis report
Total Count : Nil
Active Motile : NIL
Sluggish motile : NIL
NON Motile : NIL

PUS Cells - 1-2/HPF
Epithelial Cells - 2-3HPF
IMP :Severe Oligospermia.

is there a possiblity of reproducing sperms? any treatment suggestion, I dont have habbits like smoking drinkning..
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 44 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

1) You have no sperm count in your report. It is called azoospermia. This is a condition where there are no sperms in the semen.

2) You have to do following blood tests : FSH, LH, TESTESTERONE, PROLACTIN AND TSH. These hormonal evaluations give me an idea about the reason for not producing sperms.

3) Please get "doppler Ultrasound" of scrotum which helps in knowing size and volume of testis as well as varicocele ( dilated Venous collection around testis).

4) If possible please get your testis examined by an infertility specialist to check size and any defects.

5) Any treatment to improve the sperm counts can only be suggested after checking above parameters I told.

please get back to me with reports.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.