Done follicular study, taken injections. Possibility of getting pregnant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
My name is AAAA Age 22, I had my follicular study on 12 th day Rt ovarian follicle 16.9 X 16.4, Endometerial thickness 7.7 mm, 13 th day 19 X 19.1 Mm, 15Th day 20.1 X 19.3 mm and 17 th day 28.8 X 27.1 multiple septation, Endometerial thickness 10.3 mm. POD collection Nil. I had taken two injections on 13th and 15 th day. Is it normal sir. How much possibility to get pregnant?
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
hi AAAA

usually when the follicle reaches the size of around 2 cm it will rupture and ovum will release,
but in your case as the follicle crossed that size even after taking the injection for ovulation,
the possible causes are,
-lutenized unruptured follicle: in this case the ovum will not release but the follicle gets lutenized with the influence of LH and starts producing hormones, may be because of that your endometrial thickness is increasing but there is no free fluid in the POD,
-ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome: in this case sometimes because of the medicines used to induce ovulation hyper stimulation occurs,
multiple septate follicles can be seen in this case,

so you better consult your doctor and discuss these possibilities, estimation of hormonal levels can help to some extent in deciding the actual cause, after that treatment can be given accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Done follicular study, taken injections. Possibility of getting pregnant? 58 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

My doctor says every thing fine.

I have attached scan report for your reference,

Please advise

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Hi AAAA

As I told previously in case of regular periods by 17th day with that much follicle size ovulation should occur usually.
But as your doctor is telling that everything is normal, better once go for repeat ultrasound which may show the signs of ovulation.
If not better to get investigated for the conditions I told before as sometimes lutenized unruptured follicle syndrome can repeat in subsequent cycles.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Done follicular study, taken injections. Possibility of getting pregnant? 13 hours later
Hello Doctor,

My doctor is advised to take Duphaston 10mg tablet in morning and Ecosprin 75 tablet in night for 15 Days.

These tablets can improve the chances of Pregnancy?.

Intercourse after ovulation ( Day 18 to 28) is possibility to affect pregnancy??

Please explain madam.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 hours later

Duphaston is progesterone which helps in implantation and maintenance of pregnancy.
Ecosprin generally prescribed in case of previous miscarriages etc with the hope that it will prevent the recurrence to some extent.
These too will help after pregnancy occurs.
Usually intercourse will not affect early pregnancy but if you have any previous early abortions better to avoid.
But during ovulation days intercourse should be planned at least on alternative days.