Donated platelets and stomach was burning. Pain shifted to right side of abdomen after having chicken. What should I do?

Im 29 year old healthy male, I donated platelets yesterday at the blood bank and since this morning my stomach was burning a little, ate a XXXXXXX muffin for breakfast w/coffee, lunch I had a salad with beets and sparkling water. Shortly after my stomach started hurting worse. Now the pain was around a 5 and sharp. Laid on couch for a few hours had a dose of peptobisml with a sprite followed by chicken burrito. Still hurting and the pain in the center has shifted to lower right side of abdomen. Temp is 98.3, had bowel movements and urinate fine. Did the bounce test by pushing on area and rebound hurt. Contemplating going to ER because it sort of sounds like Appendicitis. Wondering what I should do?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
First probable diagnosis -Appendicitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear

All the symptoms and sign you wrote points towards your diagnosis (Appendicitis). Though it is not classical description, I would not suggest you to wait. Visit the ER to exclude appendicitis.

Other probable diagnosis may be Urinary tract infection and Colitis. A qualified surgeon on his clinical observation and Investigation like (CBC, ESR, SGPT,Urine Examination and Ultrasound whole abdomen/or C T scan if required) will prove the diagnosis.

Hope the query is answered. Please feel free for further clarification.