Doing regular masturbation. Ejaculating once or twice a week. Is this safe?

Jan 2013

Hi Im 76 and as horny as when I was 36. I masturbate every day sometimes more than once but only ejaculate once or twice a week. I would like to cum more often but dont want to strain my resources so to speak ! Can I do this?
I am fit and healthy with no medical problems at the moment
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
1) Masturbation is sexual stimulation of a person's genitals, usually to the point of orgasm. After masturbation a person may feel of exhaustion ...this is natural and not related with feeling of guilt feeling.
2) There are few advantages of masturbation.
a) Masturbation is accepted as a healthy practice and safe method for sharing
pleasure without some of the dangers that can accompany intercourse.
b)Masturbation may increase fertility during intercourse.
c)In males, masturbation flushes out old sperm with low motility from the male's
genital tract. The next ejaculate then contains more fresh sperm, which have
higher chances of achieving conception during intercourse.
d)Masturbation can relieve depression and lead to a higher sense of self-esteem.
So don't take it as bad habit and get worried.
3) This will also not affect your future married life.
Take care and enjoy
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Doing regular masturbation. Ejaculating once or twice a week. Is this safe? 18 hours later
Hi, Dr Bhargava,

Thank you for your prompt response to my query,in the affirmative, which I accept. Would it be correct to think the same

benefits you mention apply to anal masturbation with a dildo or vibrator, providing that it results in orgasm/ejaculation of

Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 4 hours later
Thanks for appreciating.
If during orgasm, you are ejaculating semen then masturbation with dildo/ vibrator is also helpful.
Thanks again,
Dr. Mayank