Does these stool test for Blastocystis hominis suggest anything about my chronic diarrhea?

Question
Hi Dr.Albana Thank you for response Ididn't receive reply for last letter I sent. I attached 2 reports one for stool test for Blastocystis hominis from Netherland. second report comprehensive GI effect from Genova Lab. to hear your opinion BRs. XXXXX from XXXX Isent you two Lab. reports but I am not sure reaching you or not . Any how I copy and paste these report for my son XXXX 33 years old. Arts Parasiet, P. [ASSB] ‎ Datum monstername ‎10-02-‎‎2014 ‎ Patiënt Al-Damha, M. [04-08-1981] ‎ Datum ontvangen ‎14-02 [03]‎ Adres ‎10050 E.Harvard Ave B-6111, 0000 XX 80231 Denver, ‎USA Monstercode ‎0000‎ Datum afgerond ‎25-02-‎‎2014‎ Antibiotica ‎ ‎ Omschrijving Normaalwaarde ‎ ‎ Resultaat Parasitologie Dientamoeba fragilis Ct waarde > 35 cycli Negatief, Ct waarde 45 cycli Blastocystis hominis Ct waarde > 35 cycli Negatief, Ct waarde 45 cycli Giardia Negatief Negatief Cryptosporidium Negatief Negatief
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: I will look into this. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Unfortunately, Dr. Albana is not available right now and I would gladly address this health query with you. I am so sorry to hear about this chronic diarrhea that has been going on for more than two years. I hope we get to identify the cause and help relief you of your symptoms. I have seen the test results typed out and they in no way suggests a possible infection by either of the germs investigated. Would you mind describing to me the various characteristic of this diarrhea? I understand you must have been questioned so many times on this but it would help me to contribute positively towards the identification of the possible cause of this. 1. Is it really to any food types? How any times do you have watery diarrhea in a day? 2. Do you feel like it gets better without eating? 3. Have you also been tested for tropical sprue, cealiac disease, microscopic colitis, HIV? 4. Is your gall bladder, liver and pancreas in good shape per your knowledge? 5. Are you currently taking any medications? I yes, can I have the list? I am pretty confident with these initial response, I would be able to relate personally to your disease and talk about it and not the generalized context of chronic diarrhea. I would be right here hoping to hear from you and send a more detailed mail with my thoughts. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Does these stool test for Blastocystis hominis suggest anything about my chronic diarrhea? 19 hours later
Hi Dr.Ditah Thank you for response 1-his daily food that not causing pain to him is Bread,potatos,rice ,cucumber ,lettuce and black tea only and each day since 3 years . all in little quantity . he have 1-2 bowel movement daily mild diarrhea 2-He feel better with above food only and don't eating any other food. 3- All to be checked except tropical sprue ,but we made comprehensive GI Effect at Genova Lab which included all suspicious pathogens in the gut. So is there specific test for tropic sprue ? and which Lab. do this test? before I sent this report but I not sure you receive it or not ?in the report indicate that OVERGROWTH OF YEAST(+4) and increasing of SigA(174) which mean there is some unspecified infection in the digestive tract in Addition of unspecified chronic ileum ulceration 4- All these organs work normal due to test blood stool for nutrition and pathogens and also by CT-scan. 5-He don't take any medication since 2 years because no one diagnosed his disease but before this time he took Chrons and after that TB Drugs but all these medication made him more worse than he starting his diarrhea before 6 years I also sent report of Blastocystis hominis and D.fragilis parasite test in the Netherland Lab.online which indicate of some numbers I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND as follows:Omschrijving Normaalwaarde ‎ ‎ Resultaat Parasitologie Dientamoeba fragilis Ct waarde > 35 cycli Negatief, Ct waarde 45 cycli Blastocystis hominis Ct waarde > 35 cycli Negatief, Ct waarde 45 cycli Giardia Negatief Negatief Cryptosporidium Negatief Negatief ‎ ‎ BR.s

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks for this information Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this information. I had seen this report before and for sure all these test results do not really suggest something too abnormal. The various pathogens that were tested for are all negative. Diarrhea that gets better with certain food types been avoided is suggestive of food intolerance. Was he tested for celiac disease?(This is principally tested by blood tests). A biopsy of the small intestine would make the diagnosis of tropical sprue. However, I have a strong feeling that he should be investigated for food intolerance. the most common types are lactose intolerance. This is unlike TB and Crohn's. TB and Crohn's would not in any way be influenced by any food type. The symptoms would remain same and treatment should make it get better and not worse. However, I do understand that when nothing seems working weird options are brought on the discussion table and given a shot. In all, I will suggest that he gets a small intestine biopsy and be investigated for food intolerance. I hope this offers some new information and helps to explore more options with the hope of getting answers to this longstanding diarrhea. Has he been trying any anti diarrhea medications like loperamide to relief him of symptoms? If not, it may offer some temporary while we actively look for answers. Dr. Ditah, MD.