Does the total bilirubin and ALT level indicate any abnormality?

is having a total bilirubin at 1.5 bad and the ALT at a 73
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your bilirubin is nearly normal. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. Your bilirubin is nearly normal but you have slight elevation of ALT. It can happen in obese patients with fatty liver, diabetics, alcoholics and recovery phase of viral hepatitis. I recommend you to undergo ultrasound abdomen to see the structure of liver, you can ignore it if that is normal. Hope this answers your query, please feel to write back to me if you need further clarification. Wishing you good health. Regards.