Does taking fenugreek and sawpalmetto 3 times a day make breast bigger?

Question
Hi how r u ? Ia there a XXXXXXX on hormones if i took fenugreek and sawpalmetto 3 times a day for month or 3 months to make my breast bigger? And they say it have astrogen . I cant understand how does it makes my breast bigger becauae of astrogen? I already have astrogen in my body in average rasio
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...
There is no legitimate scientific study or data.

Detailed answer....

Palmetto is supposed to increase the estrogen production from ovaries which help in plumping the breast.

Similarly fenugreek has centuries old reputation as a natural breast enhancer and to achieve this, one has to take it for many many months to achieve a mild to moderate increase in the breast size.However results vary from person to person.

Some even massage fenugreek directly on the breast also.

However all these breast augmentation effects of both fenugreek and saw palmetto are not backed by any scientific study.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck.

Thanks,

Follow-up: Does taking fenugreek and sawpalmetto 3 times a day make breast bigger? 5 hours later
Is it damgerous on my hormones?
I know there is no scintific study but whats the logic of taking palmetto which contains astrogen to make breast bigger while i already have astrogen in my body and my breast stopped growing?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Since the estrogenic activity of saw palmetto is very mild,it won't cause any harm on your hormonal system,although doctors don't advise it's use along with other hormonal preparations.
There is very insufficient evidence that it augments the breast size but it is being prescribed for breast augmentation for many centuries,although it is more of a belief rather than an actual scientific proven agent.
Thanks

Follow-up: Does taking fenugreek and sawpalmetto 3 times a day make breast bigger? 10 days later
but if i took 3 times daily with fenugreek it will be more amounts of astrogen?which can increase breast but i cant underatand why increaaing amounts of astrogen can give feed my breast cells to growe up although my body has astrogen in normal levels which can feed my body.

Fenugreek contains phytoestrogens which help in more production of prolactin hormone and this prolactin hormone is responsible for stimulation of mammary gland tissues resulting in these tissues to grow quickly and expand.
Prolactin is generally released in pregnancy and during breast feeding and that's why breast size increases in pregnancy and breast feeding.
Some other steroid like substances are also  present in fenugreek which increase the size of breast.These substances are gitogenins,yamogenin etc.
Thanks

Follow-up: Does taking fenugreek and sawpalmetto 3 times a day make breast bigger? 1 hour later
if there is normal prolactin in my body why not my breast isnt my breast soesnt stop growing? and ok so i will try fenugreek but how i avoid to return to my normal size after stopping fenugreek like what happen after breast feeding?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
I understand your keenness to use fenugreek for breast augmentation,but you should remember that there is no scientific data suggesting its use for such purpose.
It may or may not bring any substantial and desired results for you,however you may definitely give a try.As far as the size of breast getting reduced a little after stopping fenugreek is concerned,it is definitely possible.
As such using fenugreek for breast augmentation is concerned,it is not a usually and routinely prescribed method and females resort to it because there is no scientifically approved medication available for such purpose.
Thanks