Does taking carafate cause lighting of stool color?

I am taking carafate..does it change stool color to be light colored. greenish-yellow
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: can cause a paler color Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Carafate is the trade name for a medication called sucralfate. This drug has different components ,one of which is aluminum. Aluminum can alter stool colour.It normally would cause lightening of stool so that there is a paler appearance. Green discoloration is not normally associated with this medication.Green colour of stool can be due to foods used, inflammation of the bowel, diarrhoea, some food supplements. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Does taking carafate cause lighting of stool color? 16 hours later
Thanks you for help and answering my question.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 5 hours later
Brief Answer: no problem Detailed Answer: feel free to contact with any other queries whether they are related to your previous question or not