Does sinus problem cause heaviness in head and tingling in left hand?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Last few days i am having heaviness in head . It gets worst when i shake head. Some times it seems that i a tingling in left hand. Sometimes feels that i am having breathing problem as well.I am having following problems a) backache b) Sinus problems I went to Physician today and after physical examination, he have medicine for 3 days and told its due to sinus .
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: can be due to sinusitis. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your symptoms of headache on shake and heaviness - can be due to sinusitis. Another possibility as you are having headache can be due to is cervical disc bulge compressing traversing nerve root leading to pain and tingling in your arm. After clinical examination need for x ray spine or MRI spine can be commented. Most probable reason for your back pain symptoms could be postural problem as you may be sitting for long time and working on computer/sitting work for long time. Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor. You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case. Some life style modifications to prevent pain– Take break every 40 min from computer and do some lumbar rotation, stretches, walk and get back to work. Sit with taking support to your back, and do not watch television constantly. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Take care.