Does pregnancy test with dettol give accurate results?

My last period date is 16 Nov 2013 today I had a home pregnancy test with dettol..the result is positive then what will i do further.. pls help me I wanna accurate result
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: False positive can happen with dettol. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. You can get a false positive test using dettol. The pregnancy test kits are 97% accurate in predicting pregnancy. But you will have to wait till your periods are overdue by at least five days. Right now it is too early to get a positive test even if you are pregnant. For a more accurate result, you can get a serum beta HCG evaluation done after consulting your gynecologist if your periods are overdue. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Does pregnancy test with dettol give accurate results? 6 hours later
when can I do my ultrasound test
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Around 6 weeks. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. It is best to go for ultrasound at nearly 6 weeks- around 28th December as per your dates to detect the fetal cardiac activity also. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: Does pregnancy test with dettol give accurate results? 11 hours later
dettol pregnancy test is it safe and accurate??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Hello. Yes the test is safe and 97% accurate. You can do the test with urine sample in early morning after your periods are overdue. Regards.