Does physical activity worsen left varicocele condition?

Infertility Specialist
I have a left varicocele which is asymptomatic right now.I went to the doctor and he said no need to go for any surgery.At present he gave me medicines to reduce swelling,does they really work? And my question is can I resume all king of playing activities like football,hockey as before by wearing athletic support or does playing worsens my varicocele please help me.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Semen Analysis Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) Many people have varicoceles which are asymptomatic. They dont need to be operated for it. 2) Medicines generally dont work and not necessary. 3) You can safely play sports or do any activities you like. 4) Please get semen analysis done to see if the varicocele is affecting your sperms. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Does physical activity worsen left varicocele condition? 20 minutes later
So You say that only problem is related to semen quantity,if it is negative should I go for a surgery ?What if I left it untreated,will I face any problem like playing ? Right now can I carry on masturbation 3-4 times a week,will it cause any problems? So u say that now I can play any sport freely right?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: No problem with sports Detailed Answer: Hi, 1) If you dont get operated no problem with playing, or sports career. lay freely. 2) Mastrubation is fine and no problem. 3) Semen quality is only thing in terms of future perspective.
Follow-up: Does physical activity worsen left varicocele condition? 16 hours later
I am having pain in my groin area(only in right leg),is varicocele any way related to it or am I having it because of playing? I have one more question that how much time does a normal human being should hold before ejaculation while doing masturbation and sex,are they same or different?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Not related to varicocele Detailed Answer: Hi This leg pain is related to physical activity or injury. This is not related to varicocele. Ejaculation is normsl if it occurs after one minute. It happens early during Mastrubation and late during sex. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol