Does not respect elders. Speaks lie. Does not repent for misdeeds. Gets angry and speaks bad words. Not willing to see a psychiatrist? Suggest

Psychiatrist
Question
Dr,
I want to ask regarding my son, who is 20yrs old. He has shortage of attendents in college. he does not respect elders. he always speaks lie. he was out of house for 1 month and he has returned now, but still does not repent for his misdeeds. he gets very angry and he speaks lots of bad words to me. Now i doubt if he is addicted to any bad habits. He is not willing to visit any psychiatrist. Tell me how to deal with him.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 30 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query. I understand the concern for your son. The possibilities include conduct or antisocial personality disorder or substance use disorder. If he is unwilling to XXXXXXX a psychiatrist at this stage you can take him to a clinical psychological counsellor on the pretext of solving interpersonal or family issues. This opportunity can be used to explore and assess your son. This can be followed by appropriate management later on. In absence of substance use medication would not play a role and psychotherapy would play the key role. Wish him good health.
Dr XXXXXXX
Psychiatrist

Follow-up: Does not respect elders. Speaks lie. Does not repent for misdeeds. Gets angry and speaks bad words. Not willing to see a psychiatrist? Suggest 30 minutes later
Dr, Thanks for your answer. Can u suggest a good clinical psychological counsellor in bangalore.

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 12 minutes later
Hello
NIMHANS in hosur road bangalore and apollo hospitals provide a good team of psychologists and psychiatrists in government and private setup respectively. You can fix an appointment at either of these places. Wish you all the best.
Dr XXXXXXX
Psychiatrist